So last semester I bought (copies of) P90X. It's a series of Beach Body (which I know nothing about) but I really like it. I'm a work out DVD junkie. They save time and I don't feel self conscious about going to the gym plus I get a really good wrk out. Like better than going to the gym. I like dvds like Jillian Michael's 20 Day Shred because it's low on choreography and high on cardio/strength. I love the P90X informercials so when I saw the set, I had to have it!

I started the lean routine last semester but only did a few weeks and then went home. Long story short, although I brought the dvds with me to Spain, they had been shelved until a few weeks ago. The only thing I don't like about this set is that you have to commit to 1-1.5 hrs, 6 days a week to see results. I haven't had time/ motivation so I didn't even start them. But since I'm here for 5 weeks longer than others in my program and only for 1 class, I realized I don't really have an excuse. Plus, I'm soooo fat! lol. I'm not that fat but I'm kind of...uncomfortable and I know when I get back to the states people will be side-eyeing to see if I lost/gained weight. Study abroad has been worse than the freshman 15! I don't think I've gained alot of weight but it's hard to not have the vacation mentality. 


I don't know my weight and I'm not really worried about it. I 'm more concerned with how I look. I want to overhaul my wardrobe and to do that I'll need to try on alot of clothes and such. And I don't want to have to go up sizes. I would love to get back into the single digits as far as size, like an 8 sounds perfect to me right now. But I don't really know. I'm just going to work out and focus on the feeling of fitness (lol trademark that phrase!).




I don't know my weight and I'm not really worried about it. I 'm more concerned with how I look. I want to overhaul my wardrobe and to do that I'll need to try on alot of clothes and such. And I don't want to have to go up sizes. I would love to get back into the single digits as far as size, like an 8 sounds perfect to me right now. But I don't really know.

As of now, and for the next 4 weeks that I'll be here in Spain, I've committed to doing P90X. For the first 2 weeks I did the lean routine but decided to try the classic routine. The difference is a day less of cardio and a day more of strength with abs. Muscle burns fat and I know that I won't build bulky muscle unless I make a real effort and use all kinds of supplements. I'm not scared of a little muscle and would prefer to see definition. I think that classic will work a whole lot better for me and hopefully melt an inch or 2 before I leave.

As you can see my area in need of the most help is my stomach. My legs are hereditary and stay about the same size. I get the shape from my dad so they'll shape up pretty fast but won't really get smaller. My arms also shape up pretty fast and probably won't get tremendously smaller but I'd like to shave an inch and get more definition. My stomach is usually the slowest to slenderize (lol) but working out improves my posture which makes my stomach atleast appear smaller.

I'll be updating when I can but I don't plan on measuring myself until I get ready to leave because a) I don't want to drive myself crazy measuring everyweek and b) it will be the end of phase 1. I'll try to update with more details on P90X but all that information is out there. I just wanted to do a post of my aspirations in hopes that I'll stay motivated longer if I know that there's a picture of my jiggly-ness out in cyber world :)


This entry was posted on 6:26 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...