OMG! I am soooo sorry. I can't believe it's been almost a full month since I last posted. I've just been so busy with school and work and just life in general. (I shouldn't even be doing this right now). I'll probably miss the exact date of my nappiversary later this week so I'll be brief.

A few days ago I got a trim. I went home and my parents had alot to say about my hair (more on that in a later post). I knew I needed a trim and a lining so I went to my friend's dad, who is a licensed and seasoned barber. I told him that I just need a trim and he "shaped" it for me. He said it would look more "feminine." First impression: I hated it. It looked like a haircut from the 80's. Like a hightop fade or something. He cut all my favorite coils off! The ones on the side, the ones on the back. They were so cute! I'll post pics later but slowly it's growing on me.

I just wanted him to make it more even and instead I lost control of the situation. I am a big advocate of trims though. I will admit that although I don't like the shape of my hair, I do love the coils that seem to be more springy and defined. It's also more shiny and softer. It's because some of the skeleton hair got trimmed away. I still don't know the scientific name but it does exist.

My whole "trim" experience made me think. I did the BC because I wanted more control of how to style and care for my hair. But I still managed to do something that I did so much when I had a relaxer: lose control of my hair in the chair. How many times have we gone to the hairdresser and come out with something we weren't looking for simply because we allowed the person behind us to do what they thought was best. I can't do it anymore. I'm taking a stand. My hair will grow out but from now on, I'm going to say what I want and I won't waver on it.

....Nappy Trails to you.


This entry was posted on 7:37 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...