Please excuse the terrible quality, etc. but I just don't have the time or energy to upload pics from my camera.

This is a picture of me from today. I've now been natural for 11 weeks!

My hair is definitely growing and I think I'm finally getting the hang of this! I got discouraged for a little minute because I felt like my hair wasn't growing that fast...and then I picked it out and I have quite the TWA!

Recent purchases (from Wholefoods) :

  • avacado oil- promotes softness and shine
  • peppermint essential oil- adds a little tingle for deep conditioners
  • vegetable glycerine- natural "humectant" (helps draw moisture from the air)

As far as my routine: I'm trying not to wash everyday. Right now I'm focused on retaining moisture. When I co-wash I try to leave a little conditioner in and then put avacado oil in. (Avacado oil is my new fave. It's lighter than EVOO and makes my hair really soft.) Still not really using gel or anything extra. When I don't wake and wash I just use a spritz I made. The spritz has glycerin (the jury is still out, give me another week), avacado and olive oils, conditioner, and of course water. I spritz a few times a day just because I can. :)

I need a new deep conditioner. The cholesterol I was using just doesn't give me what I need. Even after mixing it with oil. It makes my hair feel coated and dry. I had a tragic incident with a hot oil treatment so I won't be trying that again for a while. In case you're wondering, let's just say I used to much oil and it was still dripping even after I washed it out. Was my hair shiny and soft afterwards? Yes. Was it embarrassing to sit at work with oil runnning down my face? YES!

On my Wholefoods wish list:

  • honey
  • shea butter
  • essential oil for scent (lavendar or grapefruit)

Nappy trails...



This entry was posted on 3:14 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...