Lately I've been getting complements about how happy I seem and someone even told me that I'm always smiling...I'm not ALWAYS happier but I have come to terms with some things. I've had 3 "breakthroughs" that I'd like to share:

1) Don't say anything at all if you can't say anything nice.

I'm consciously trying not to talk about every single person who walks past me. It's not that easy and I've been failing miserably. But on that same note, I'm trying not to complain and say negative things about things that I either can't change or haven't already changed.

2) It's never as bad as it seems- don't be so dramatic.

I'm slowly learning this. I'm not dramatic but I linger on things for a long time. I'm trying to learn to laugh at myself. EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES. I called a professor by the wrong name miltiple times and eventually realized that it's probably not the first time it's happened and it will happen again. This lesson helps with social situations. I also like to say that things could alwas be worse. Morbid but true.

3) FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT!

By fake it till you make it I mean if you feel like you're lacking some trait, act like you have it until it comes naturally. I'm not known to have confidence and self-esteem, etc. But what I've decided to do is accept who I am and work with that. I wake up in the morning and work out. I get dressed and I look in the mirror and tell myself the good things I see. I always wear perfume because it's like spray on confidence. It's corny but true. I put on clothes that I like and that flatter me and I walk around like it's the best outfit I've ever put on. I may not believe it but if I don't figure out how to love myself then how do I expect someone else to?













This entry was posted on 2:15 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...