I tried the twist out again and still was not satisfied. It takes too long and I only get lack luster results. It was just a frizzy mess. So I tried bantu knots thinking it would come out better. I tested it on the front of my hair and it seemed ok... Fail on that too. My hair just looked frizzy and raggedy.


These bantu knots looked so promising. I 2 strand twisted and then wrapped them around themselves and pinned. The back is still a little short and I was getting tired so I just left it.

I slept on them and took down with EVOO on my fingers. Unfluffed still looks promising.
This is the side view. I thought maybe I was onto something...
Once I pulled them apart a little bit they just frizzed up and went all fluffy. As you can see, I'm unenthused.
I tried to salvage it and throw in a flower for distraction. It wasn't that bad but I twisted alot of chunks just for some sort of definition.

These are the twists for the twist out. Again, they look promising.


The ends were a little frizzy but it looked like something good might just happen.

The take down. Not that bad. Still had a little definition but too much frizziness.


The next day I did my fro hawk with headband and then this is 2 days later. I just threw on a scarf and it looked ok. It gave me a little more definition than just the typical wash and go.

__________________________________________________________________

Bottom line: I still don't think my hair is long enough. I know it takes time but I really want to master these styles. I'm at an awkward point in growth where it takes longer to detangle and dry for the wash and go's but it's not long enough to do anything else. I think I'm going to wait a month and come back to it.

...Nappy trails to you!



This entry was posted on 10:54 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...