Wow! I've been natural for 2/3 of a year! That like 67% (I like to round up) of the year! I've made a lot of progress since February. I'm still learning but I think I can do this. I absolutely hate wash days (it takes too longg) but I'm still just as much in love, if not more, as I was when I BC'd. I feel like it's been longer than 8 months though. Here are a few shots of me...on my 21st Birthday on Sunday! I didn't have anywhere to go but I was feeling myself so I took a few pics. Take note of the one below- kinda artsy huh?






This week I'm trying something diffeent. I still want to protective style but I didn't feel like doing the twists. I pre-pooed with EVOO over night (baggy on head) and most of the day. Then I sectioned and detangled. Then I was going to shampoo and condition in sections...But that failed. I couldn't shampoo in sections. I realized that the shampoo would end up not getting rinsed out in certain areas. So I undid the sections and shampooed. Then I did an ACV rinse. Bad decision. Shampoo+ACV=too clean and clarified. So then I used the Yes to Tomatoes to detangle. It was as easy to detangle as before because of the above "cleansing" combo. My scalp is clean, but detangling was a hassle.

Right now I have bantu knots in. I know I didn't like it last time but I have a little more length and I'm hoping it'll work this time. If not, I'll just wash it out and be free. Pictures are forthcoming.

Also: I was walking down the street with my other friend, who happens to be natural as well, and I saw a store that looked natural. In passing, I could see bottles and green so we slowed to look and low and behold it was a natural store. Not like natural hair, but natural remedies and products. First we saw honey, olive oil, and ACV. Then my friend asked if they had almond oil. Not only did they have that and coconut oil, but they were only S./3 (that's like a dollar!). The bottles are only 30 ml (1 oz.). I think they're more essential oils so we'll see...


This entry was posted on 10:43 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...