I haven't updated in a while so here it goes. Genevive is still growing. This past week I just wore her fro'd in all her glory. Can I just say that it was HELL trying to keep the moisture! Like seriously. I had to add oil everymorning and I actually baggied twice during the week.
  • Baggying is when you add oil and a little water to your hair and leave it on for a period of time. I sleep in it but I've heard of some people baggying for entire days and even a week at a time. It's not enough oil to be greasy. Just a regular sized amount. The water helps open your hair follicles and allow the moisture to get in. In the morning you can just take the bag off and style as usual.
The week before that I did Bantu knots for a few days and then wore it out. I'm trying it again for this week. I think it could be my nw style. I like wearing my hair out but I don't like taking the time to do the mini twists and then only wearing the twist out for 2 or 3 days. With this I can wear the knots (under  a tam/bonnet) for about 2 days and then wear it out.

I pre-pooed last night with olive oil and honey and then shampood this morning. After shampooing and conditioner rinsing my scalp still didn't feel clean so I did an ACV rinse. I know I said I was going to stop doing both but I still have hope in shampoo. I guess it's from my relaxed days. So then I but the Yes to Tomatoes in and got out the shower to detangle. I let it set in my hair for about 10 minutes while I ate breakfast and then detangled. I still love the Yes to Tomatos!

The bantu knots (twist and then knot) took about 1.5 hours. I say about because I started at 11:40 and finished at 1:40 but I took a break to skype with my mom and run to the corner bodega. It's definitely a time saver!

Genevie out and about! She's getting so big!



The bantu knots I just put in this morning


The week before last's bantu knot out (unfluffed)

Day 1
 Day 2

 Day..4 or 5 (after a 3 hr bus ride and some adventure sports!)



This entry was posted on 5:41 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...