I haven't even been here for a week so there's not much to report. I thought that it would be difficult to find products and such here but I don't think it will be. Of course I haven't looked in depth but I went to a huge store and they had 3 different brands of peanut butter. Peanut butter doesn't really exist anywhere outside of the US so if there's peanut butter then there's no telling what else I may find. I know I'll find oils for my hair but I'm going to challenge myself to find henna and shea butter. Shea butter may be possible but I don't think I've seen any indians (meaning no Indian products).

The humidity is crazy so I'll deinitely be trying glycerin again. I've only washed my hair once since I've been here so the jury is still out on how that's going to go. The tap water is undrinkable so I don't how my hair is going to feel about it. Also, there's only one other black girl and she's also natural. Our hair types are different (I don't know types but her coils are looser ringlets) and thus far, I'm getting that vibe from her that says she doesn't want to talk to me so we can be the 2 black girls. Whatever. But I will be asking about her hair.


This entry was posted on 5:43 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...