Ok. So  my problems with Genevive keep multiplying. Yes. After 6 months, her name is Genevive. Pretty no?

First, the dandruff. Then, the build up. Lately, it's been shedding. My hair is shedding like crazy. And I know it's because I'm not combing it right. I only wash my hair once a week so I'm retaining moisture but I don't have time to detangle. So when I fluff in the mornings, it's not good for poor Genevive.

My flat 2 strand twist is getting better everytime. This is how I've been wearing my hair.
So I decided to try a protective style: twists. I didn't think Genevive has enough length but something must be done so I did mini-twists and I'm trying to keep them up for the whole week. They don't look that bad and I've had a few compliments. I'm going to try to keep this going until October and see if I retain any kind of length. I really like playing in my hair so hopefully I'll wean myself from that.


I'm very proud of my work. I redid the flat twists this morning and they look even better. I'll be a pro in no time!

I did so many new things at once that I can't really review everything I did. Before I twisted I did a deep conditioner with mayonnaise, a little bit of olive oil, and an egg. It kept dripping so I managed to keep it on for an hour. I think Genevive really likes the mayonnaise. Next time we'll throw in an avacado. After that I did an ACV rinse. I added a few drops of peppermint oil and a little honey and my scalp feels great! The peppermint oil and honey helped with the horrid smell of the ACV.  The ACV rinse definitely is a keeper that I'm going to try every 2 weeks or so. It feels so clean and moisturized. I did the twists with a little glob of Yes to Tomatoes and I'm also trying aloe vera gel. At first I couldn't find any but it gives me a little shine and seems to work great on my edges.

I'll try to remember what hair accessories I use through out the week. It took about 4 hours (with about a 40 minute break) so if it lasts it'll definitely be a keeper.

We shall see..

Nappy trails to you.....


This entry was posted on 7:36 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...