So I did henna again. It's been about 3 weeks since the first treatment. It was a little more difficult this time just because this isn't my house and I didn't want to mess anything up. I couldn't find a plastic bowl and there's only a sink and no counter top for working space. Having said that I tried to make it a little differently this time. Last time I used curlynikki's recipe of just 2 tea bags and honey.

This time I was pressed for time and used 2 green tea bags and added a cup of conditioner. I didn't have time to wash or detangle my hair before. According to curlynikki the conditioner acts as a conditioner and kind of gives you a deeper treatment.






 After



I definitely think that Genevive likes henna. I had about a cup left over and I put it in the freezer for a lighter treatment either next week or the week after.

With the conditioner added I thought that the color seemed to take a little better and it seemed easier to wash out. Of course most of the variables changed from last time to this time. I also used a little more tea than last time so it was less like a thick paste and more like a conditioner (even before the conditioner). My shower here has a detachable shower head which also could've contributed to the easier rinse.

I filled the sink with water and dunked my head. I did this twice. Then I rinsed with conditioner about 5 times making sure to get the area around my neck and ears since I usually forget those areas. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed because last time I had the FIASCO of having henna in my hair after the DT.

I used a DT I bought here (no thoughts) and added coconut oil and olive oil to make it more conditioning. After leaving it on for overnight, class, and errands, I rinsed it out. I didn't have time to style until today (2 days later) so I just added oil and went.

Next time if I don't have time to shampoo I will atleast detangle. It was a DISASTER...


This entry was posted on 1:37 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...