I need a regimen! I think that lately I've been getting frustrated because I don't have a structured regimen for the care and keeping of Genevive. All the "gurus" stress the importance of regimens and seem to be able to do multiple beneficial treatments and restyling multiple times a week but that's just not me. Part of the reason I've committed to protective stlyes for the next few months is simply because I don't have time to co wash and retwist every few days.

As my hair has grown so has the list of products, treatments, styles etc that I can do to my hair. I want to go back to the basics and figure out what works best for me. Last week I henna'd without detangling or doing anything to my hair before. That was the worst mistake of my life! But I did it because I only had an hour of free time. I dc'd overnight too and didn't really detangle until I was styling a few days later. It took hours because my hair was tangles and matted...and I'm tenderheaded!

I think what I want to try in order to get a reggie going is:
  • Midweek cleanse, condition, style, etc. I'm in freakin SPAIN right now. I don't want to miss great weekend opportunities or look crazy in a bonnet on the weekends because I'm trying to multi task. Usually I do all that on Saturday night/ Sunday-all day. What I propose is to do all this on a Tuesday/ Wednesday. This way my hair is fresh for the weekend and I look great for photo ops!
  • Pre-Preparation. I feel like I wast alot of time, especially with henna because I prepare and use products all in the same period. Henna may work better for me if I prepare and leave it out for a day before putting it in my hair. That way I can just leave it on for a few hours.
  • Don't worry about products! Lately I've been really worried about products. What I want, need, can't find, can't afford. I'd prefer to use natural products but that may not be possible here. I can find evoo and just work with what I have.
My regimen will go something like this:
  • Tuesday evening: Prepoo with olive oil/coconut oil and a little condish. Detangle.
  • Shampoo/co-wash in sections.
  • Apply henna or DC.
Nevermind...I have alot to work on with this...My classes and internship schedule get into the way of all of this. I'll either have to do weekend hair time or just let it all fall out from dryness and neglect....

Forreal forreal plan coming soon!


This entry was posted on 2:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...