I was doing my usual check of Curlynikki.com today and saw this article about Kim Cole's Grow Out Challenge. Since I've been thinking about starting my own personal challenge I figured I'd jump on the band wagon for hers. It's really pretty simple and I'll be adding my own guidelines (in red). The challenge will last 6 months from today.


I love this!
Here are the guidelines
  • Drink at least 64 oz of water each day (or half your body weight in ounces)
  • Eat a healthy, balanced diet
  • Take a multi vitamin and other beneficial supplements  I recently started a daily vitamin and 5000mcg of Biotin.
  • Handle hair gently at all times
  • Seal your ends every time you moisturize
  • Minimize (direct) heat usage
  • Deep treatment at every wash session. Maybe not every wash session but definitely every other week.
  • Develop and follow a consistent hair routine.  This is something that I've been struggling with but I know it wll help with retaining length and the healthiness of my hair.
  • Protective Styles! I like wearing my hair out but protective styles are easier and less time consuming for me.
  • Henna. I plan to henna atleast once a month. Time willing I'd like to do a "conditioning" henna treatment every 2 weeks.
  • Document your progress, observations, and frustrations on your personal blog
  • Encourage your fellow curlies by sharing tips, advice, and chiming in on their blogs
  • Have fun and enjoy the journey!

 This is all I can think of right now! It should be pretty easy to follow since my time is going to become limited in the coming months with school and exploring Seville. For some people when they get busy it means they neglect their hair but for me it means I'll finally have a daily routine and will probably be able to keep a proper hair care schedule. I don't know if I'll make it six months but I'll just go week by week.
 
 

 

 


This entry was posted on 7:05 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...