So Genevive is growing! I know this isn't  really news but I just had what we'll call an epiphany. Yesterday I was doing my little routine: shampoo, co-wash, deep condition, ACV rinse, and I felt like it took so long. Genevive is genuinely THICK. Like I rinsed with the detachable shower head and still had beaucoup conditioner just sitting there. I tried to retwist and do you know it took me 3 hours yesterday and 2 today?!



I keep thinking that I'm not going to know what to do in another inch-probably by December. It's been 7 months and I think it's finally time to develop some sort of system for detangling and separating my hair. I'm thinking of going in search of a wide toothed comb...



*Pics coming soon!*


*EDIT: My hair is a little longer than my middle finger in most places. And this is the length of the twists. I really try not to do official length tests but I bumped into a ruler with inches today so...my finger is almost 4 inches meaning my hair is a little over that. Meaning my hair is growing at a normal rate! I was really nervous for a while there that maybe my hair wasn't really growing. This means that 1/2" per month is about accurate. Yay Genevive! I'm going to try to avoid rulers again until my one year mark in February. I hope I can make it!


This entry was posted on 8:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...