So I'm still doing the whole twists thing. And as much as I hate to say..Genevive is simply blossoming! Last weeken I went on a trip with some friends to a lagoon called Huacachina. I did the normal endo of the week twist out and then on Sunday did a good old deep conditioner. Nothing out of the normal. I shampooed first just to get it wet. The conditioner this week was mayonnaise, 1/2 avocado, and about 3 table spoons of olive oil. So I did that and left it on for like 3 hours then just rinsed it.

I was planning on trying flat twists to a) save time and b) have a different curl pattern. Plus if I did flat twists I could just wear the twist out longer during the week. Well I got about 1/4 flat 2 strand twisted and then ran into a wall. 1) I didn't like the ends. I didn't know what to do with them. 2) I can only do my left side. 3) I can't reach the back. 


So then I took them out and just went to bed. On Monday, I woke up and decided to let Genevive be free for a day. So I added a little water and oil and picked her out.






I actually have enough hair for a head band! It's like a legit puff.

So then after my classes I prepared to put the twists back in. Clearly Genevive like "protective" styles. I tried to part it. Fail. I tried to come a little. Fail.

I officially can't do anything with my hair unless it is soaked with water and conditioner. So even though I had just washed/conditioned the day before, I had to co wash again. I decided to shake it up and use the Yes to Tomatoes (from the Yes to Carrots line). I brought this bottle with me but I've been conserving it by only using it as a leave in for my twist outs. Let's just say I love it! Review coming muy pronto! But the real news is that I actually had to separate my hair  and braid it into sections to co wash! I didn't know what to do with myself. My TWA is officially a slightly larger TWA...let's call it a SmAA: Smedium Awkward  Afro. It really is an awkward length. And shrinkage really is nothing to play with. But my host mom noticed my hair was a little bigger and so did a few class mates.

Que emocion! (How exciting)


This entry was posted on 5:10 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...