I realize this is probably my first review of an actual product even though I think I've promised more reviews before. I need to dedicate myself to more reviews, especially for all of my non-existant loyal readers.


Can I just say that this is my new favorite conditioner. Like I'm really impressed. I'll admit I'm a bit of a bandwagoner because Curly Nikki has been endorsing Yes to Carrots for a while. But being the cheapskate I am, I never wanted to pay the $8-10 for a conditioner. So I bought this bottle at a Marshall's a few days before leaving to come here (Peru). It was only $2.99 so of course the PJ in me couldn't pass that up. And I'm glad I didn't. So a few things I like about this conditioner are:
  • Ingredients:  Aqua (Water), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomatoes) Extract*, Cetyl Alcohol, Capsicum Annuum (Red Pepper) Extract*, Aspalathus Genus (Red Tea) Extract, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Benzyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid. * Certified Organic Ingredient
  • Consistency: This stuff is THICK. And I'm all about a thick conditioner. I have almost a whole bottle because even though I was only using it as a leave in for my twists, I only needed a very small dime sized amount for my whole head. It's creamy too but mostly, thick and gelatin like. I had to squeeze the bottle to get just a little bit. And it also foamed up just a little bit. It was weird at first but it helped for spreading. To co-wash I used about a ping pong ball sized amount and it went far.
  • Slip: I feel like I didn't even know what slip was all about until I used this. I used it for detangling and the longer it was in my hair, the easier it was to comb. I was able to first comb, and then use the Denman for detangling. This was probably the most painfree (literally) and thorough detangling session I've had. Atleast in the last 2-3 inches.
The smell and everything else that people review are not all that important or worth mentioning. The smell was light and unlike carrots. It's not very potent and didn't linger. I like the price I paid for it am now having shopper's regret for not buying the 6 bottles that were on the shelf.



I think the big deal here is that I actually had to part my hair for the detangling. I'm officially at that awkward stage where my hair is getting too long to do alot but still too short to do much else. I barely got it in the little braids (also bobby pinned) but detangling and rinsing in sections made everything so much easier. It was alot easier to do my twists when it was already detangled and parted. Plus, the sections didn't dry so fast when they were in braids.



This entry was posted on 6:13 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...