Ok. I STILL have not gone for a trim! It's driving me crazy but I'm scared. I feel stupid saying it but I don't want to just put Genevive in some stranger's hands! I know it's crazy because a year ago I would have walked into practically any shop and asked for a CHEMIXAL relaxer. And this is just a little trim right?! I mean I probably need no more than 1/4"-1/2" off...But I just can't bring myself to go to my local Wal-Mart or Cuts by Us!

Last week I went with my mom to the beauty shop and I planned on getting another lady to blow it out and trim it. BUT when I was waiting I watched her do hair and it scared me even more! I HATE going to the hairstylist-the smells, the sounds, the time wasted. I just hate it. SO anyway, I was watching the lady do "quick weaves." First, a woman came in and the stylist poured alcohol, pure rubbing alcohol, allll over her hair. I was horrified. Then the lady combed out pieces of glue and chunks of her own hair. A few minutes later the same lady for tracks glued directly to her hair and scalp. There were also other women but I just couldn't trust that stylist with my dear Genevive.

So the plan is: I'm just going to have to do it myself. After seeing that I just know I trust myself more. If I mess it up then I have no one to blame but myself. I have to buy some scissors and I need to wait until later in the week when I have more time. The method I'll be using is just doing 2 strand twists and trimming the ends of those. 1) I don't where my hair fro'd out much. 2) In twists is when I can tell that I really need a trim. I'm not sure how much I'll trim but less is better. If I don't cut enough then I can just go back.

Below is the second nearly perfect twistout I've had in the last few weeks! Reviews and news coming soon!





Reviews and more news coming soon! No New Year's resolutions but I do have some resolutions/goals.

The henna still hasn't made it yet...stupid holidays getting in the way of my hair!
Posted by Picasa


This entry was posted on 10:28 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...