So remember that review on Yes to Tomatoes I did not too long ago?

Turns out that I quite possibly spoke too soon. I don't believe it either. Buuuut. The last few times I've used it I was just less than thrilled with the results. When I got home (to the states) I went on a hunt for more Yes to Anything and found 2 more bottles at Ross. There were more than that but I didn't want to over do it. But as I continued using the bottle that I already had, things seemed to go south.

  • First, I just didn't feel the same slip and detangling capabilities that I felt when I first started using it. Like I felt like I had to use alot more and it wasn't all buttery and soft like it had been.
  • Then I tried using it as a deep conditioner so I added honey and extra oil. Results: wayyy less than stellar. Seriously. It felt great going on but once I rinsed I couldn't feel a difference. It was really disappointing and not moisturized at all. Maybe I put too much honey in but I don't have time or money to keep re-mixing.
  • I also tried it as a leave-in. Genevive soaked it up and my twists weren't that shiny. On top of that, the twist out was dull and not shiny or defined on day 1.
So I thought about it and tried to figure out why everything went down hill when I thought that I had finally found atleast one staple product....I think that the results could have something to do with the organic-ness of the product. I know that we all want organic, inexpensive products. But one think I notice is that there's an expiration date clearly marked on the back of the bottle. My bottle has an expiration date of 1/11/11...meaning it expires next week. This could have something to do with the effectiveness of the product. Also, I opened it a few months ago, in November I think. So maybe on top of the exp date, the product being open and sitting around helped it deteriorate.

I don't really know what I'm talking about here. Just hypothesizing. But I retried the left over Suave Almond and Shea Butter that I have and it works great! Like I was actually really impressed. It helps with detangling and works well with other products. I'm not completely giving up on the Yes to Line because I really think it could work for me. But I won't be retryig it until I have the resources (money and time) when I come back to the states in June. So for now I think I might just end up either getting Herbal Essences or Suave.

P.S. I took the other 2 bottles back and got a nice pair of comfy leggings :)

...More to come!


This entry was posted on 3:24 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...