So I finally did my trim! Well really it was over a week ago but I was busy packing and procrastinating so here are some pics. I trimmed it myself! I'm so proud of myself. I would say I cut about an inch all over.

It didn't seem like that much but I measure just using my thumb (from the tip to the first line-thing). Thats about how much I could tell was damaged. I won't be waiting that long until my next trim. My ends were SHOT. Like styles didn't even look right. It was probably because of the color that was still left ( from before my last perm).

I've definitely learned my lesson and I also realized that I haven't been taking care of my ends as my hair has grown. I need a plan for retaining length over the next few months! What I plan on doing is:
  • Sealing. I don't do this as normally as I should but I now have shea butter and castor oil so I'll be sealing and re-sealing every few days.
  • Detangling. I need to detangle more carefully now. I've been exploring more options to detangle and I really need to find a method that is best for me. I'll be trying dry detangling (with oil) soon.
  • Deep Conditioning. I love mixing and I need to find a mix that is moisturizing and quick/inexpensive. I think I'll go back to an avacado base.
  • Henna. I finally got my henna and feel pretty good about incorporating it into my regimen.
  • Protective styling. It's really windy here in Spain and I need to manipulate Genevive less. I retained alot of length in Peru when I wore the twists for most of the week so I think I'll have to go back to them soon.
Before







After 







Posted by Picasa
I'll be youtubing winter regimens because it's colder and windier here so Genevive is feeling a little dry!


This entry was posted on 9:51 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...